My Favorite white dresses for Memorial Day Weekend
It has been 10 years for me on the East Coast and I still dread the winters. I begin to dream of radiant wineries and sunny brunches as soon as we hit September. The thought of wearing ten layers to step out makes me wanna jump on a plane to some Caribbean paradise. Did I tell you that my ideal life would be summers in New York and winters on some breezy island? I can only imagine the joy of flaunting my sunkissed skin in January. A girl can always dream no matter how farfetched it might sound. But on the brighter side, we are only a little over a month away from my favorite long weekend: Memorial Day Weekend. To celebrate the joy of the imminent summers, I am rounding out my favorite white dresses for Memorial Day.
Background on Memorial Day Weekend
To provide some background Memorial Day is a federal holiday in USA. The holiday is observed to honor the military personnel who have lost their lives while serving. On the east coast, memorial day is considered as the official day to open up the beaches and public swimming pools. Although, the weather is still a bit breezy but people take it as an opportunity to bring out their summer dresses and the barbecue grills.
Association with White Color
Memorial day and the color white had a long association. White is overall considered color of summers. When the sun is beaming down with all its glory people prefer to wear light colors and white being the preferable choice. Now, does that really mean you cannot wear white before memorial day? Absolutely not. I know only one rule when it comes to fashion and that is that there are no rules when it comes to fashion. I personally wear white all year long. Nothing can break the monotony of winters than a crisp white wool coat.
My Picks for white dresses for Memorial Day Weekend
- Poplin Tiered Maxi Dress Nothing says summer like a good Tiered Maxi dress. Tiered dresses are usually very flattering on all body types. This one would make for a perfect dress for summers.
- Polka Dot Tiered Ruffle Midi Sundress Another tiered dress for your Memorial Day Weekend. I love the way how it perfectly hugs on the curves while not revealing too much at the same time. The polka dots give it the quintessential retro feel.
- Ruched Dress I love this dress for its unique style. The ruched front and the puffed sleeve gives it an edgy disposition. I would pair it with a chunky belt and wide ankled strapped sandals.
- Arlaine Button Front Dress A classic sundress with a quirky print. This dress has the right pop of color to make you stand out.
- White Swiss Dot Long Sleeve Tie-Front Mini Dress Summers is the time where your legs gets the freedom from those black leggings. This sheer sleeved mini dress id perfect to flaunt those legs for the summers
- Embroidery Shift Dress This dress is what boho dreams are made for. If a plain white dress is not your jam then this is the perfect dress for you. I would pair it with a straw bag and strappy flats.
- Smock dress with seam details in cream You will be surely standing out in this beautiful smocked dress with open back detailing. You can easily pair it with sneakers for a casual look or with heels and chunky earrings for a night out.
- Midsummer dress with star print I get googly eyes every time I look at this dress. This is such a dreamy dress and sure to make head turns when you wear it. The star print and the smocked neckline makes this dress such a stunner.
- Poplin Maxi Dress Add a cottagecore style to your wardrobe with a tiered poplin dress featuring a flirty slit in the front.
White for me is the most versatile color of all. It is never powering enough to take away the attention and yet makes you stand out if accessorized properly. Accessorizing is always the key to styling white dresses. Like in the first picture I have styled a plain white eyelet dress with a pop of red. You can always style your dress with colorful belts and bags to add a pop of color. I also love to style white dresses with oxidized silver jewelry. To be honest, it is all to your imagination. A white dress is like an empty canvas waiting to be filled in with your imagination.
Also don’t forget to check out my post on the latest trending Athflow Fashion.
Shop my picks for white dresses for Memorial Day Weekend
Leave a Reply